Wednesday, December 06, 2006

you know what they say: have a cold, eat soup

Wow. Until today I've felt as though I had taken a break from thinking, a hiatus of the cerebral sort. I got that damn sinus infection (turned brutal head cold with a horse cough finale) and it was all I could do to remember my name.


Last night my husband started feeling woozy, and throwing all germy caution to the wind we decided to have sick sex. Normally this is a big no-no for us, we're weird and like to do it clean and healthy (or ultra clean -no shower, no sex- if you're my husband), but it had to be done lest we forget how. And hey! This morning I woke with a somewhat clear head and it was like a jumpstart. Not only could I actually think about waking up or getting out of bed, I could also perceive leaving the house.

So I did what anyone would do: I made Roasted Garlic and Potato Soup. Mmm. With lots of onion.

8 medium potatoes cubed(washed NOT peeled)
4 small yellow onions
1 head garlic roasted
1 cup stock
water
Oil
bouquet garni
salt to taste
2 Tbls flour
1/2 cup milk

Saute onions in oil until transclucent. Add potatoes and saute 2 minutes. Add stock and water until just covering potatoes, bring to boil. Make bouquet garni and place in pot. Meanwhile, roast garlic in tinfoil with olive oil for 20-30 minutes. Afterwards, remove cheesecloth, add cloves to soup, salt to taste, and puree. Whisk flour into milk and add slowly to soup, pureeing until smooth. Simmer, stirring frequently, until desired thickness is reached.
Enjoy!

No comments: