Thursday, November 16, 2006

my hidden shame

Because I am so out of touch with current social events in my own country, I have become mildly infatuated with people.com. It a sickness. I scan the New York Times, BBC, CNN and Comedy Central, of course, that goes without linking, but I love me some gossip these days. I check it daily along with Go Fug Yourself. It occurred to me today that maybe I don't care whether or not celebrities breathe, I just miss intrinsically being in the know. Ya know.

So, there it's out in the open. Phew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Perezhilton.com, he knows everything and everyone he also posts seven days a week, way more fun than People.com. Go Fug Yourself is one of my absolute favorites I wish they posted on the weekends as well. Toni in Oregon

Pamela said...

I've been addicted to alt.gossip.celebrities for years. I've given up voluntarily cold turkey at least twice and lasted only a few days. I think of all the fabulous productive things I could be doing with my time but I can't keep away. I rationalize that I'm enriching myself with pop culture.

Emily said...

Not to feed your obsession, but...

http://www.thesuperficial.com/
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/

are almost as good as Go Fug Yourself, and even more cynical.