Tuesday, November 07, 2006

hey! how about some boring

Isn't it amazing the things you can pick a fight about? Sometimes it seems things are so comfortable, so hum-de-dum that I need to mix it up a little and fighting about nothing is the most economical means to an end.

Take, for instance, The Dinner Headband. My daughter has a lot of wavy, thick hair that naturally falls into her face. At the dinner table she is supposed to wear a head band, but yesterday we forgot and Zoli asked where it was. He feels strongly about it and I feel... um, not so much strongly about it. The next thing I knew we were in a silent standoff. About a headband. Huh? I don't get it either.

In most ways that normal couples fight. we do not. I won't go into the mushy details, they are better saved for an anniversary, but we are pretty excited in our love. Spending 24 hours a day together over the course of a year, however, causes small idiosyncrasies to stick out and trip you up. Damn idiosyncrasies.

But the makeup sex was definitely worth it.

Watch out for tomorrow's entertaining fight: Forks: left side or right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why I'm not looking forward to Hailey talking well.