Sunday, December 17, 2006

Mmm, carp soup

Mwahahahaha. Thank you all so much for the vote of confidence. I don't know what to say, except that, I, um, I meant the built in email-address-rememberer-thingy that comes with the email account. I don't actually have a tangible address book. Well, I do but it only has my mom's address in it and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to forget that one, you know, since I grew up there and all. But really, omg, I felt so organized there for a second.

So Hanukkah has begun, Christmas is a week away, yesterday we slaughtered a pig. Ahh, the holidays. The butchering barely involved myself, I was more the dishwasher and courier. The whole DIY pork thing is a pretty cool process and really hardly anything gets wasted (except the workers, they're wasted by 9 am). Bonus points for drinking while handling sharp objects, yike! All in all it was less icky than I thought, I was less squeamish, and no one lost a finger.

(that's me pimping the ruffled scarf)

A week ago the MIL asked who wanted to host Christmas as she said she didn't. We said, "Sure! We'll do it." I was so excited to plan an american Christmas dinner because well, carp soup with a kilo of oil and paprika is NOT my idea of food let alone Christmas. I ran to the butcher chop to reserve my turkey, dug out my recipes for killer stuffing and mile-high cranberry apple pie, and then, tragically, was informed that the MIL IS, in fact, hosting the holiday. Apparently, she just wanted to be begged to do it. WTF!

Woohoo, carp soup and overcooked breaded meat.

I'm homesick. I want my mommy.

No comments: