Thursday, August 24, 2006

out of the mouths of babes

hehe. We've had some crazy weather here for August. 90 degrees one day, only to wake the next to thunderstorms and 65 degree weather. To balance out our house bound days, I mentioned earlier that we play makeup.

This is supposed to be a butterfly. She says it's not good enough.

Generally speaking, Julia doesn't care for "girl toys". She's a stuffed animals and horses type of tomboy. God love her because I do not. care. for. barbies. (Of course, having said that, she'll now develop a passion for the accursed things, and I'll spend my days sewing crappy sequined party dresses for Barbie or Skipper. Gag.) She does however, LOOOOVE makeup. I don't use makeup. At all. Hell, I don't even wash my face unless I'm washing my hair in the shower. So it was a bit surprising when this love for product came about.

Anyhow, one of the rainy days I convinced her that it would be cooler to paint our faces rather than put makeup on. We had watched a program on the BBC about face painting and so, with my limited (read none) painting talents, I turned Julia into a butterfly and she turned me into a painted mess.

Julia's been home now for a month or so and OMG the sheer volume of questions that come out of her mouth! She is constantly asking for explanations of every movement of every person she sees.

J: Mommy? Why do's that lady talk to the wea-wea (police)?
Me: Um... I don't know...may-
J: No, mommy. Why do's he, I mean, she has to talk to him? Did she be bad?
Me: Babe, I'm not sure. I didn't see them and I don't know them.
J: Mommy? Member when we was going to... member when we was with Daddy... member when I was with Besta and auntie Pam... member when... (ad naseum)
Me (to self): WTF?!


made up song

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Awwww. SHe's a beautiful butterfly!